Computers | Printing | Scanning
Computer Lab – First Floor
- PC Lab with 36 stations
- These computers are available for using the library catalog, databases and the Internet.
- The computers have Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat Pro.
- Printing is available for a fee.
- There are four standup computers that are available to library visitors.
Surface Pro Computers – Circulation Desk
- There are Surface Pro computers that can be checked out for 3 hours, for in-library
use. They have Microsoft Office software installed. Save your work to a flash drive.
Media Center Computers – Ground Floor
- PC and MAC Lab with 50 computers
- Loaded with Microsoft Office, graphics software, SPSS and architectural software.
- Printing – black and white, color and large format for a fee.
- Hours of operation are not the same as the Mabee Library. See the Library Hours for details.
Graduate Computer Rooms
- Rooms 103 and 105 are available only to graduate students. There are four computers
in each room with SPSS, NVivo, Adobe Acrobat Pro and Microsoft Office software. Keys
are checked out from the Circulation Desk.
- Doctoral Room 233 is available for doctoral students only.
- Graduate Computer Room Policy.
- The library has wireless access throughout the building.
- Hard-wired data drops are also available throughout the building. Data cables are
available for check out at the Circulation Desk.
PRINTING & COPYING
The library has a new printing system, UIW Print, that allow you to print, scan and copy. This service is available to current students,
faculty and staff only. You must have a network username and PIDM to release print
copies. There is no guest printing, scanning or copying because of the network set
up of these printers.
Students can print from non-UIW computers in three ways:
- Mapping their laptop to the UIW Print Anywhere queue while on the UIW network.
- Using a mobile print app to print from smartphones and tablets while on the UIW network.
- Using the web-print feature via PaperCut, accessible in the MYWord Portal.
Printout and Copying Costs
Black and white prints and copies are $.04 per page double sided/ $.06 per page single
Color printouts are $.20 per page double sided and $.24 per page single sided.
The default is double-sided printing and black and white. If you wish to change to single-sided
or color, you must do that before before sending document to the printer.
Pay for Printouts
- To be able to print, you need to load money to your printing account via credit card
using the PaperCut, which is accessible from MyWord. You will be able to print and
release from any printer in the library.
- To view step-by-step instructions on how to add funds to your account, see - How to Add Money to Your Account.
- Employees are not personally charged for printing. For all employees (full and part-time)
printing will be charged back to the primary department to which they are assigned.
This is true for ANY printer in the UIW Print program. Unlike students, employees
may see a negative balance in Papercut. This will not impact their ability to print.
Detailed monthly statements for chargebacks will be sent to the department.
Locations of UIW Print Stations
All of our printers are also scanners and copiers and the machines may be found throughout
the library, to-wit:
First floor: Computer lab, near Room 103 in the stack area and in the Reference area
Second floor: Quiet Study area and near Room 238 by the group study rooms
- The UIW Print system also does scanning to email or flash drive. There is no charge
- In addition, there are several book scanner located in the library, which are designed
specifically for books: one in the computer lab on the first floor; one in the first-floor
stack area and one in the second-floor journal area.
- These files can be save files to an flash drive or attach to an email.