Inner Tube Water Polo Tournament
Date: Tuesday, April 19th
TIME: 8:00 PM-10:00 PM
Signups are now available at the Wellness Center Front Desk
Registration Ends on Monday, April 18th
Inner Tube Water Polo is fast becoming the most popular intramural sport on America's college campuses.
Rules & Regulations
- Game length: One 15 minute halves with a running clock, teams will switch sides half way through the half.
- Timeouts: One 45 second timeout per half. Player in control of ball is required to call the time out.
- Substitutions: Only during timeout, halftime or after a goal is scored.
- Goalie Zone extends 5 feet from end of pool and no part of any offensive player’s body is allowed in that zone, unless they are retrieving a ball. If a defensive player is caught in their own zone without making an attempt at a ball, the player must sit out for seconds unless the offensive team scores a goals & then the player can return.
- Teams will consist of 2 Offensive Players and 2 Defensive players and a goalie.
- Scoring: Each goal will count as 2 points. Penalty shots will count as 1 point.
- A player will shoot penalty shots from half court. Only the goalie will be allowed to stop the penalty shot. All other players must be within 5 feet of the side of the pool.
- The goalie can not throw the ball further than half the distance of the pool.
- If there is change of possession due to a penalty, out of bounds or goal, the referee will hand ball to opposing player who must pass the ball inbounds. Inbounding player can not shoot a goal on the inbounds pass. No defensive player can be within 2 feet of inbound pass.
- One pass must be made/attempted before shooting a goal
- 11a. No player (including the goalie) may leave their tube, either intentionally or unintentionally at any time.
- If a penalty shot is missed, the ball is live. If made, the referee will hand ball to goalie who inbound the pass to a defensive player.
- A ball that is deflected off of a wall, tube, player or the water and enters the goal will count as a good goal assuming that it does not go out of bounds prior to entering the net.
- No player may make contact with an opposing player’s head, neck or face. Penalty: Illegal contact
- No player will be allowed to hold another players tube, legs, arms or any other body part. Incidental contact with the arms will be allowed.
- Pushing another player’s tube will be allowed.
- Appropriate Swimming attire must be worn at all times. NO SHOES will be allowed. If a person can not swim, it is advised that they do not participate in this activity.
- Attacking, striking or kicking a player in a violent manner will not be allowed and will result in ejection.
- A team must have at least 4 players to start and play a game. The Pick-Up Rule will apply.
- A coin toss will determine possession.
- Stealing the ball will be allowed.
- Overtime will be Sudden Death—First team to score will win. Coin Toss will determine who has first possession in overtime.
- Splashing will be allowed.