Human Resources

Frequently Asked Questions


How do I obtain a request for verification of employment?

Human Resources will not conduct verbal verifications. Former employees need to send a signed release (electronic signatures are acceptable), with the request, to (210) 829-3847. Turnaround time is 24 to 48 hours.

How do I change my mailing address?

You will need to complete a change of name, address or telephone form which can be found on the Human Resources Department website ( under forms.

Where can I find the W-4 form and the direct deposit form?

The W-4 and direct deposit forms can be found on the Payroll Department’s website.

When do I start to receive the UIW match for my retirement?

An employee receives the 7% UIW retirement match when he or she has worked for the University full-time for at least one year or the new employee has worked for a previous educational institution full-time for one year.

Can I change my retirement contributions at any time?

Yes, you can make changes to your retirement contributions at any time throughout the year. You can make the changes either on the TIAA-CREF website at or you can fill out a new Salary Reduction Agreement Form found on the Human Resources website under benefits.

Where can I find how much sick and vacation time I have?

All employees can find their sick and vacation by logging into and click on “Employee Information”. On this site you have access to leave balances, tax forms, benefit deductions and more.

How do I change my benefits, can I do this now?

It depends; every April UIW has an open enrollment for benefits. This allows employees to make any changes to their benefit plans at this time. However, if an employee has a life changing event, such as, a birth of a child or a spouse loses his or her job, your benefits can change. Please contact the Human Resources Benefits Coordinator for more information about what would qualify for a life changing event.

How do I enroll in Short Term Disability?

UIW’s Short Term Disability is administered by Aflac. If you have any questions about the plan and the rates, please contact Allison De Paoli at 210-857-4322 or email at


More Quick Links