Dubuis Hall was built in 1928 and named for the founder of the Sisters of the Incarnate Word, Bishop Claude Marc Dubuis . Bishop Dubuis was born in 1817 in Teche, France. He came to the New World in 1846 as a priest and missionary. Consecrated the Bishop of Galveston in 1862, Dubuis saw a great need among those stricken with yellow fever in Texas. He encouraged a group of religious women from Lyon, France to come and tend to the sick in 1866. The bishop helped these Sisters of Charity build and rebuild their convent/hospital in San Antonio (the first building burned in 1869). "...He impressed himself upon the minds and hearts of all who knew him, and more particularly the devoted sisters. He impressed his ideals upon these willing workers till he and they became spititually one." Bishop Claude Marc Dubuis died on May 21, 1895.
This air conditioned hall houses first year men and women. Dubuis Hall, is offered to first year students and is substance free. Both double and single rooms are available. The average single is 9'×14' and the double is approximately 11'×20'. Two rooms and a connecting bath form a suite. All rooms have wall-to-wall carpeting. Each room is equipped with a twin bed, desk, chair, and a chest of drawers for each student. Each room is equipped with one data computer jack per student. A large social hall on the first floor provides a piano, television, and lounge furniture. There are also mini kitchen areas with a microwave and refrigerator on the 2nd and 3nd floor. Lounges, with furniture and television, are also available on the 2nd and 3nd floors.