Residence Life

Apply or Cancel

Home  >  Residence Life  >  Apply or Cancel


CANCELLATION DEADLINES: If you would like to cancel your housing, follow link to process your cancellation.

Cancellations Dates:

On or before May 31st: 100% housing deposit refund

On or before June 30th: 50% housing deposit refund

On or after July 1st: Deposit Forfeited 


ROOM CHANGES: If you would like to request a room change, please follow room change link. We will make every attempt to meet your request. We will NOT accept any room change requests before June 1st. Any room changes submitted before June 1st will be denied.  We will be conducting room changes every two weeks after June 1st. The 1st round of approved room changes will go out June 12th. The last round will be completed on or before July 31st.


·MEAL PLAN: Please log into the housing portal to select a meal plan for the Fall 2015. Please select a meal plan no later than Thursday, May 28th. If you do not select a meal plan by May 28th, we will assign meal plan E ($2200+ Tax) to your account.



Summary of Important Dates:

May 28th – Last day to select meal plan

May 31st – Last day to cancel housing for a 100% housing deposit refund

June 1st – Room change link activated

June 30th – Last day to cancel housing for a 50% housing deposit refund

August 13th – Move-In Day for 1st year students

August 14th- Move-In Day for Upperclassman




Application Checklist


  • Apply to UIW

    The first step towards housing on campus is making sure you have completed your application to the University of the Incarnate Word! After you have been accepted and pay your confirmation fee, you can start your housing application. You can start your housing application online, through our housing portal.

    housing portal


  • Meningitis

    Effective October 1, 2013, a change to Texas State law (SB 62) mandates that all entering students under the age of 22 provide a certificate signed by a health care provider or an official immunization record verifying that a student has been vaccinated against bacterial meningitis, or has received a booster during the five years preceding admission to the University.

    An entering student includes:

    (1)   A new student, including transfer students

    (2)   A student previously enrolled in any institution of higher education following a break of at least one fall or spring semester.

    The vaccine must be received prior to the 10th day before the first day of the semester. The vaccine is available through UIW Student Health Services utilizing the School Health Insurance Plan or for a fee of $145.00.  It is also available through your local health department, your Primary Care Physician, HEB, Walgreens, CVS and many other convenient care centers. Pricing will vary and is covered by most private health insurance at city-wide pharmacies.

    Students may submit their meningitis vaccination record to Health Services via email ,

    by fax: 210-829-3125, or bringing it in person to Health Services.

  • Housing Deposit and Housing Contract

    Download your housing contract, and submit for the academic year to


    A $225 housing deposit must be on file in order to process your housing application. You can pay this through the Business Office, or online through the e-payment center.


  • Housing Application

    Once you have completed the application in its entirety and fulfilled the requirements, you can submit. Congratulations! 


  • Check Email

    Continue to check your cardinal email regularly. You may receive time sensitive emails from the Residence Life Department that can affect your housing accommodations. 

    In the meantime, feel free to check out our residence halls to see your future home.


Cancellation Link

(Only if you wish to cancel your 2015-2016 housing application/ room reservation) 

Cancellations prior to occupancy (check-in) must be submitted to, and are subject to the Refund Schedule outlined  in the Agreement  Policy Guidelines. 
Cancellations after occupancy must be submitted in writing to
The email should be sent from the student's UIW email account. It should include:
  • student name,
  • student ID #,
  • current room
  • any additional details about the cancellation (i.e. anticipated check-out date and time)
This form may also be submitted in person to the Office of Campus Life in Marian Hall. Additional details regarding the penalties associated with a Broken Housing Contract can be found in the Agreement Policy Guidelines.