HEBSBA Mission Statement
H-E-B School of Business & Administration is committed to building relationships that
foster the delivery of high quality education grounded in academic excellence; emphasize
social justice and community service; and develop the whole person through innovative
programs responsive to opportunities and needs of our students.
The HEBSBA Vision Statement
The HEBSBA vision statement expresses our aspiration to be recognized for the quality
of our teaching and the positive impact of our students and alumni on society. We
strive to distinguish ourselves not only by providing a rigorous curriculum, but also
by providing a unique educational experience. The HEBSBA Vision statement is as follows:
The H-E-B School of Business & Administration will be a premier business school in
South Texas, known and respected for:
- creating an active learning environment that emphasizes teaching excellence and produces
enlightened and empowered graduates;
- supporting the development of an exceptional faculty and staff committed to exploration
and research into the multi-disciplinary environment of our stakeholders;
- creating exceptional value for our students by developing faculty skills and resources
that consistently bring new knowledge to the classroom through the use of contemporary
and highly effective teaching methods;
- continually exploring new avenues of outreach in current and future markets;
- enhancing current programs and partnerships;
- developing faculty leadership opportunities that reflect an appreciation for diversity
and multiple perspectives; and exploring and developing new opportunities that are
in alignment with the mission of the University.
The HEBSBA Value Statement
The School draws upon the rich history of the Institution that is the University of
the Incarnate Word. This relationship guides School direction and provides the value
foundation on which the HEB School of Business and Administration has evolved. The
defining School values are drawn from the institution but manifest themselves in all
aspects of the School, students, faculty and administration. The School values include
- The School seeks to develop students with strong moral character and an unwavering
commitment to honesty in all actions.
- School excellence is measured by our students’ ability to make a significant and lasting
contribution to the profession of business and administration.
- The School is committed to educational excellence in a context of faith in Jesus Christ,
the Incarnate Word of God.
- The School curriculum includes a global perspective and an emphasis on social justice
and community service.
- The School is open to thoughtful innovation that serves ever more effectively the
spiritual and material requirements of those in need.
- The faculty and students support one another in the search for and the communication
- The School aims to educate men and women who will become concerned and enlightened
citizens who seek to make a difference in the business profession.