Foundation, Corporate & Government Relations
Why You Should Pursue a Grant
There are many reasons why faculty and administrators should pursue grant opportunities.
- To develop a research project or a program idea;
- To create research, academic, or training opportunities for students;
- To purchase new equipment that allows you to enhance the research and training capabilities
of your college or department;
- To enhance your professional portfolio (merit and tenure);
- To develop a project that will challenge your intellectual curiosity;
- To enhance resources that attract new students and faculty. For example,
you might consider a grant that funds student scholarships or that allows you to
create a pipeline from high school or junior college;
- To develop curriculum and provide faculty training;
- To undertake a project that contributes to student learning, that serves the community,
and fulfills the UIW mission.