Foundation, Corporate & Government Relations
Searching for Grant Opportunities
There are many places to search for grant opportunities, such as:
- www.grants.gov - The search engine for all federally-funded grant programs currently accepting applications.
You can also sign up to receive regular updates on new grant opportunities as soon
as they are published.
- www.cfda.gov - Provides a list and description of many federal programs, some of which may not
be listed on grants.gov.
- The UIW Library has a database called Pivot that can be used to search for grants and also sign up to receive grant updates:
- A very helpful page from a Member of Congress brings together fantastic grants preparation
- www.guidestar.org - Allows you to search for private foundations by name, location, and funding interest
(registration is free).
- www.fastlane.nsf.gov - This is a website of the National Science Foundation and includes a list of grant
opportunities. The NSF focuses on the STEM fields and the social sciences.
- Use key word searches on Internet search engines like Google and Yahoo!
- Ask the Grants Office staff for additional resources or ideas.