A student must submit the following to Office of Admissions, 4301 Broadway, San Antonio,
- A completed university graduate application form. Complete the online application form
now, or print the pdf form to complete it and mail with application fee. Be sure to
select professional program (DNP) and not doctoral (PhD) program.
- A $20 application fee. Please make check or money order payable to The University
of the Incarnate Word.
- Official academic transcripts. These transcripts must document:
- Completion of master’s degree from an accredited nursing program in an accredited
college or university with a GPA of 3.00 on a 4.00 scale.
Three completed professional letters of recommendation, related to clinical performance.
A curriculum vitae or resume is recommended.
A statement of goals for doctoral education and subsequent career plans, and reason
for seeking a DNP.
Photocopy of current professional license/s.
Interview with graduate faculty.
No GRE or MAT is required.
- An overall GPA of 3.0 on a 4.00 in all prior academic programs.
The applicant must complete an interview prior to acceptance. Ordinarily this interview
is scheduled when all materials and documents have been received.
Upon admittance into the program, students must submit a confirmation fee, which serves as acceptance of the seat in the UIW DNP program. The $500 deposits
required within the timeframe designated by the acceptance letter to hold and confirm
the spot in the entering class. The full fee is non-refundable if a student later
decides not to attend UIW. Upon a confirmed entry into the program and two weeks after
the first day of class, $400 will be reimbursed to the student's account.