Requirements for Full Admission to Post MSN to DNP Track
A student must submit the following to Office of Admissions, 4301 Broadway, San Antonio, TX 78209.
- A completed university graduate application form. Complete the online application form now, or print the pdf form to complete it and mail with application fee. Be sure to select professional program (DNP) and not doctoral (PhD) program.
- A $20 application fee. Please make check or money order payable to The University of the Incarnate Word.
- Official academic transcripts. These transcripts must document:
- Completion of master’s degree from an accredited nursing program in an accredited college or university with a GPA of 3.00 on a 4.00 scale.
Three completed professional letters of recommendation, related to clinical performance.
A curriculum vitae or resume is recommended.
A statement of goals for doctoral education and subsequent career plans, and reason for seeking a DNP.
Photocopy of current professional license/s.
Interview with graduate faculty.
No GRE or MAT is required.
- An overall GPA of 3.0 on a 4.00 in all prior academic programs.
The applicant must complete an interview prior to acceptance. Ordinarily this interview is scheduled when all materials and documents have been received.
Students must submit a $300 non-refundable confirmation deposit within the time-line designated in the official letter of acceptance. Failure to meet this deadline may result in losing one’s place in the cohort. Once acceptance is confirmed and deposit received, a degree plan is placed in the student’s file.