Requirements for Full Admission to the DNP Track
3 YEAR Post BSN-DNP
A student must submit the following to Office of Admissions, 4301 Broadway, San Antonio, TX 78209.
- A completed University graduate application form. Complete the online application form now, or print the pdf form and complete the form and mail with application fee. Be sure to select professional program (DNP) and not doctoral (PhD) program.
- A $20 application fee. Please make checks or money order payable to University of the Incarnate Word.
- Official academic transcripts. These transcripts must document:
- Completion of bachelor’s degree from an accredited nursing program in an accredited college or university with a GPA of 3.00 on a 4.00 scale in nursing courses
- Completion of master’s degree from an accredited nursing program in an accredited college or university with a GPA of 3.00 on a 4.00 scale.
No GRE or MAT is required.
Three completed letters of recommendation, including two relative to clinical performance and one relative to academic ability.
A Curriculum vitae or resume is recommended.
A statement of goals for doctoral education and subsequent career plans and reason for seeking a DNP as a family nurse practitioner.
Photocopy of current professional license/s.
Photocopy of current CPR or BLS certification.
Interview with graduate faculty.
All above materials must be receivedby October 1 for preferential consideration. All other applications will be considered as they are received based on space available.
- An overall GPA of 2.75 on a 4.00 in all prior academic programs.
The applicant must complete an interview prior to acceptance. Ordinarily this interview is scheduled when all materials and documents have been received.
Students must submit a $500 non-refundable matriculation/confirmation fee within the time-line designated in the official letter of acceptance. Failure to meet this deadline may result in losing one’s place in the cohort. Once acceptance is confirmed and deposit received, a degree plan is placed in the student’s file.