To qualify for the DBA degree, the student must:
- Complete a minimum of 66 semester hours including at least 9 hours of dissertation writing or three publishable papers.
- Complete a residency requirement consistent with UIW policy; 54 of the 66 semester hours must be taken from UIW.
- Successfully complete the course of study as specified in the degree plan, including the dissertation or three publishable papers, within a 10 year period.
- Pass a Qualifying Examination which may have both written and oral components, designed and administered by the student's Qualifying Committee.
- Successfully defend a scholar-practitioner record of research (dissertation or three publishable papers) as directed and approved by the Dissertation Committee or Publication Supervisor(s).