The road to success is always under construction
Be patient. Stay informed. Give yourself extra time to arrive at your destination.
We apologize for the inconvenience and ask for your patience.
Our goal is to keep everyone informed so you may plan your route accordingly. We encourage
you to refer to this page regularly for information on UIW construction projects.
Individuals with mobility impairment who have a verifiable necessity to access specific
programs and activities offered in the Genevieve Tarlton Dougherty Fine Arts Center
should submit a request for accommodation at http://www.uiw.edu/ada/. Current UIW students may contact Student Disability Services for assistance at (210)
829-3997. All other individuals may contact Sam McDaniels, Sec. 504 & ADA Coordinator
for the General Public, at (210) 829-6035.
Special Notice: Campus Construction Detour (click image to enlarge)
- Effective Sunday August 10, 2014: The Driveway between Joyce and the Generalate (a.k.a.
the “Cat Walk”) will return to its normal flow of traffic from North to South (from
the Brackenridge Villa to the Administration Building.
- During day time hours, the campus roadway from the Fine Arts Building to Bonilla Science
Hall will be closed for construction. The roadway will open at the end of the Construction
Access to Main Campus and parking areas:
- Entering the Burr Rd. Gate you will have access to the both front parking lots and
the Visitor Information & Parking Office
- Hildebrand is now open to traffic in both directions; therefore, All employees and
students are strongly encouraged to enter UIW thru either Hildebrand gate (at the
traffic light or ICC) or enter the 281 gate.
- Those exiting to Broadway are strongly encouraged to exit Burr. Rd.
- UIW traffic wishing to travel west on Hildebrand (towards 281) should exit either
Hildebrand gate (at the Traffic light or at ICC)
- Please watch for construction workers on the road.
- From TXDOT: Drive Now. Talk or Text Later