Center for Innovative Research and Clinical Learning
The Specific Aims of CIRCLe
- Maintain and enhance the Center for Innovative Research and Clinical Learning within
the structure of the University of the Incarnate Word Ila Faye Miller School of Nursing
and Health Profession, to include core staff, services, and advisory council/committee;
- Explore the application of innovative technology to promote educational research and
scholarship among faculty;
- Foster faculty development to include the use of technology in the classroom and in
- Advance interdisciplinary collaboration in the use technology to enhance student educational
- Provide support service for faculty to acquire extramural funding for research projects;
- Expand collaborative partnerships within the South Texas regional schools of nursing,
allied health, hospitals, and clinics.
- The primary purpose of the Advisory Council is to assist in the achievement of the
goals and activities of the CIRCLe.
- The Advisory Council consists of representatives from the School of Nursing and Health
Professions, administration, UIW resources represented by information technology and
reference librarian, and community partners.
- Provides an annual program evaluation with input by the project director;
- Evaluates the CIRCLe’s goals and activities in terms of community and societal trends,
and long-range important issue related to education, clinical practice and technology;
- Recruits members who provide support for CIRCLe activities, including the provision
or obtaining of financial resources for the program;
- Serves as a community knowledge link in terms of implementing program goals, suggesting
new programs, and attracting new members.