In order to find out if you are eligible for bookstore credit you must do the following:
- Determine if your financial aid exceeds your direct billed costs.
- A bookstore credit will not exceed the following accordingly:
- You must meet all of the following criteria in order to qualify for bookstore credit:
- Your financial aid file must be complete by July 1st
- You must have all loan applications submitted and approved
- You must have an Entrance Loan Counseling session completed
- If you have been awarded a Perkins Loan you must complete the Perkins Loan Interview
If you need bookstore credit, but do not meet these requirements, you must contact
the Office of Financial Assistance at 829-6008. If your financial assistance exceeds
your billed costs and you would like to use it for book purchases, you must request
bookstore credit from Financial Assistance before contacting the Business Office at
How to put your bookstore credit to work:
- To purchase your books, just present your student ID card to the cashier at the bookstore
- Bookstore credit remains on your account until 2 weeks before the semester ends.
If you do not use all of your bookstore credit, the Business Office will credit the
remaining balance back to your account
- If you do not wish to use your bookstore credit or if you don't use the entire amount,
a waiver must be completed at the Business Office.
- Bookstore credit will be available two weeks before each semester begins
Important: If you do not qualify for a bookstore allowance, it is your responsibility
to purchase books and supplies from the bookstore.
For more information on the UIW Bookstore days and hours of operation, and other useful
information, go to www.uiw.bkstr.com