Academic Advising

Ask Red:

Place Page Title Here



Who is my advisor?



All incoming students that are not listed as first-time freshman are advised by the University Advising Center (UAC) initially. During your first semester here at UIW you are assigned to a faculty advisor. Students will work with the same faculty advisor throughout their time at UIW, unless they change their major or advisor. The UAC Area Coordinator that handles the student’s major will then become the student’s secondary advisor. All students must get signatures, advised, and registered by their Faculty advisor.


  1. Find out who your Faculty Advisor is:
    • Login, click on the Student Services tab
    • Click on Student Records
    • Click view Student Information
    • Your advisor's name can be found under Primary Advisor
  2. Make contact with your Faculty Advisor
    • Not all Faculty Advisor's meet with their advisees the same way. Find out what form of contact your Faculty Advisor prefers. Please make every effort to contact your Faculty Advisor...
      • Their office hours are usually listed on their door
      • Email
      • Call and leave a message.
    • You can find your advisor's contact information on the online directory:



More Quick Links